We have read loads of books and fishkeeping resources in order to give you the most accurate information on each species of fish we write a profile on. As well as discussing our own experience and detailing our take on what a species needs, we have read the following and recommend them to anyone who has, or is starting, an aquarium.
There is a wealth of fishkeeping resources and information regarding keeping aquarium fish, so take advantage of it! If you have any questions on our information, or if there is something we might not have covered, feel free to get in touch and let us know your thoughts.
- “Reef Fish Identification: Tropical Pacific” by Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Paul Humann, Ned Deloach.
- “What Fish? a Buyer’s Guide to Tropical Fish: Essential Information to Help You Choose the Right Fish for Your Tropical Freshwater Aquarium” by Nick Flethcer
- “The 101 Best Tropical Fishes” by Kathleen Wood
- “Tropical Freshwater Aquarium Fish A to Z” by Ulrich Schliewen
- “Tropical Fish Aquariums Guide for Beginners” by Karl McCullough
- Cichlids: Everything About Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Reproduction and Behavior” by Georg Zurlo, David M. Schleser, David Schleser
- “Aquarium Care of Cichlids” by Claudia Dickinson
- “The Discus Book Tropical Fish Keeping Special Edition: Celebrating 25 Years – Natural Aquariums, Healthy Diets and Fish Care” by Alastair R Agutter
- “Freshwater Aquarium Chemistry: A Comprehensive Guide for Tropical Fish Hobbyists” by Dr Kevin J Ruff
- “The Bumper Book of Tropical Aquarium Fishes” by Dick Mills, Revised by David Sands, Revised by Peter W. Scott
- “Field Guide to Marine Fishes of Tropical Australia and South-East Asia” by Gerald R. Allen
- “Marine Fishes: 500+ Essential-to-know Aquarium Species” by Scott W. Michael, principle photography Scott W. Michael
- ‘”Reef Coral Identification: Florida Caribbean Bahamas” by Paul Humann, Ned Deloach
- “Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry and Natural History” By Eric Borneman
- “Encyclopedia of Aquarium & Pond Fish” by David Alderton
“The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish & Fish Care: A Definitive Guide To Identifying And Keeping Freshwater And Marine Fishes” by Mary Bailey
- “Aquarium Guide: Tropical Fish Species Guide” by Kevin Wilson
“Shrimp Aquarium: A Complete Beginner’s Guide to Setup and Maintain Freshwater Shrimp Aquarium” by Ana Fauvel
“The Betta Bible: The Art and Science of Keeping Bettas” by Martin Brammah
“Freshwater Stingrays (Complete Pet Owner’s Manuals)” by Richard Ross M.D.
“The Ultimate Guide To Keeping Discus Tropical Fish Within Your Aquarium: Learn How To Take Care Of These Stunning Cichlids Using These Proven Tips & Strategies” by
“The Complete Guide in Caring and Keeping Cichlids” by Barry Manzo